Cool Desk – or dumping ground
Do you love where you work ? Are your surroundings conducive to maximising the work you do. We all spend a long time at work (probably more than we’d like) – so we really should try and make the place we work the best it can be.
Some desks can just become a dumping ground, and can affect the efficiency of the work we do. So here at Synium we try and have a clean desk policy (doesn’t always work – but we do all try).
Several of us have standing desks which enables us to move whilst working – they are also good for working on projects together, allowing us to ‘gather round desks’ to discuss.
The picture above is of my desk.
1. The controls for raising and lowering the desk
2. My Microsoft Surface Book (simply the best laptop I have ever had – and I have had a lot)
3. LG Ultra Wide monitor (awesome bit of kit – allows for multiple applications open side by side)
4. Office Clocks (Henley in Arden time / Dubai time / Hong Kong time) – as we support customers across those time zones.
5. My SNOM IP phone – our fantastic Internet based phone system. Highly recommended.
6. Buddha. Makes me think. Reminds me to breathe. Also – my bluetooth headphones for when I need some focus.
7. Moleskine Notepad. Occasionally I go ‘old school’ and get my thoughts on paper – but mostly I use the Surface book and OneNote for note taking.
8. Logitech wireless bluetooth mouse and Apple wireless keyboard. I’ve had these for years. They are both brilliant.
9. iPhone 7 plus. Superb phone. Again, the best I have ever had.
10. Anglepoise lamp.
11. My glasses. Eyesight is deteriorating. I know I am blessed with enduring youth – but my eyes don’t know about this.
Overall, I love my work place. It really allows for focus, and for collaboration.